CALIFORNIA APPROVED ID ITEMS
- Identification Card or Driver's License that is issued by the California DMV.
- United States Passport or valid Foreign Passport
- Other CA-approved ID cards that must contain a photograph, description and signature of the person along with an identifying number with the exception of item listed below, “Inmate Identification Item:”
- Consular ID (Must be current or issued within the last 5 years),
- Driver's license issued by another state, Canadian or Mexican public agency authorized to issue driver's licenses;
- ID card issued by another state;
- US Military ID card,
- An inmate card issued by the CA Dept. of Corrections, if the inmate is in custody.
- An inmate identification item that is current or has been issued within 5 years by a sheriff’s department, and the inmate is in custody in a local detention facility.
- An employee ID card issued by an agency or office of the state of California, or by an agency or office of a city, county, or city and county in the state of California.
ADDITIONAL ID INFORMATION
- Signatures to be notarized must be original signatures. Documents that have faxed or stamped signatures cannot be notarized by a State of California Notary Public.
- California law allows “signature by mark” and makes provision for those who have misplaced their IDs. Call for additional details.
- ID may also be established via the testimony of Two Credible Witnesses in the state of California who have the proper California designated ID. Please call for additional information.
- California Notary Publics are not lawyers and are prohibited from giving legal advice.
Signers must be able to communicate with notary in English without an interpreter.